DNA Swab Instructions(Older Version)
Enclosed in your kit are two sterile swabs for obtaining DNA from saliva on the inside of your child's cheek.
- Remove the swabs from the paper sleeve.
- Collect the saliva (DNA) by rubbing the swab on the inside of the cheek 5-10 times.
- Let each swab air dry for approximately 2 hours.
- The DNA swabs should be returned to the paper sleeve.
- Keep the sleeve and kit together in a photo album for quick reference and easy access.
DO NOT touch the swab tip with your fingers during the process.